Sunday, June 15, 2008

5 Steps to Start Making $1 a Day From Your Blog
By Thomas Sinfield

The hardest part about making money from your blog is actually to start making money.

The first major hurdle you need to jump is the $1 a day hurdle. Making that elusive $1 a day is much harder than people think, but I believe if you take these few simple steps you will be well on your way to making $1 a day.

1. Make Sure Your Niche Is Something You Enjoy
Personally I have found it so much easier making money from blogs that I enjoy writing for. I know a lot of experts are telling people to pick the high paying keywords to target, I think it is a whole lot easier - and enjoyable to make money from a blog that is based on a topic you are interested it.

Blogging in a niche you are interested in and enjoy means that you will be more committed, write more content and be much more diligent with your promotion techniques.

2. Write, Write, and Write Some More
If you want to start making money quickly, you need to have a reason for people to visit your website. The more content you have, the more reasons you are giving people to visit your blog. Make sure you content is keyword targeted. A Fantastic product I use to find traffic driving, targeted keywords is Micro Niche Finder, it's not free but pays itself off very quickly.

Micro Niche Finder lets you find the keywords that are not only have high search counts, but also low competition.

3. Promote Your Content
Notice how I said 'Promote Your Content' NOT 'Promote Your Blog'?

This is because we are looking for high traffic quantities - that are targeted. Let me ask you a question: When you are looking to find out something on the internet what do you search for?

The Keyword or Phrase

Most people don't necessarily look for a website when searching the internet, they search for content. So what we need to do is make sure our now keyword targeted content is being promoted effectively. This is best done through article marketing.

Article submission is highly effective. I have had one of my articles receive over 10,000 views and 1,600 clicks!

4. Monetize Your Blog

This is where a lot of bloggers fail. They don't know how to monetize a new blog properly. Most start by trying to sell their 125×125 ad spaces or text link ads, but who wants to buy an ad spot on a brand new blog that has no traffic history?

I have tested a fair few different methods on new blogs and my current favourite way to monetize a new blog is Google Adsense. The reason I have recently started loving Adsense is:

* You don't have to go looking for advertisers

* You get paid per click (Don't have to wait for sales)

* Easy to get accepted into Adsense

* Reasonable Payout Leves

5. Optimize Ad Placement
I think the reason that most people do not make money from Adsense is because they have choose the wrong ad sizes and put them in the wrong spot. I am not saying my ad placement is perfect, as I know there are still ways to improve on the ad placement, but there are a few simple ways that you can improve your CTR to over 10%.

I think if you put these 5 steps into motion you will be well on your way to earning atleast $1 a day from your blog. You can then start pushing for $5 a day, then $10, and building it up until you are making a full-time income online.

Find out how much bloggers are really making at: http://www.incomediary.com

Article Source: http://ezinearticles.com

No comments: