Friday, April 20, 2012

It’s Raining on My Home Business, and My Ears Hurt! -- Some Tips for Success.
Copyright © Rahimah Sultan

It’s raining on my home business, and my ears hurt, because I’m power walking in the rain.

Persistence in Your Home Business

I’m sticking to my six-days-a-week exercise routine, so that I can have one day off for myself. If I don’t walk today, I will not accomplish that goal, because I will use another day to make up for it, which would be my day off.

I got up earlier than normal this morning, in order to do my exercise so that I could start my home business workday earlier. I worked too long yesterday on other aspects of my home business, and ran out of steam before getting to my article.

As it started to rain before I got out of bed, I lay there a few minutes, deciding what to do. The temperature here has been fluctuating so much from day to day that I never know quite what to expect. After a few minutes, the rain eased up, so I got up, dressed, stretched and headed down the stairs out the door. About five minutes into my power walk, it started to rain again. While deciding whether to give up for today or not, I backtracked and went inside, put on appropriate outer wear and started my walk again.

Be Flexible in Your Home Business and Do Not Over Think Every Single Detail

Since I’ve scheduled a certain amount of time for daily exercise, I wanted to stick to it. So, I was figuring out the distance I should go in order to stay within that time frame. Then I thought to myself, just do your complete routine, since I was only ten minutes into the first start. I did the complete distance and was only about two minutes off my usual time, which is an indication that I subconsciously walked faster than normal. Great!

Be Open and Aware of Inspiration All Around You to Use in Your Home Business

The temperature was 56 degrees F and it was windy. I hadn’t considered the wind, as it hasn’t been a factor for me this spring—temperatures above normal. I do very well running and walking in cooler weather—40 to 70 degrees.

The wind was in my face for half the walk, and I noticed on the return that my ears were hurting, due to the wind. At that point there was nothing to do but keep walking, as I had nothing to place over my ears. I was thinking about my article, as article writing is a major part of my home business, when the thought “It’s raining on my home business, and my ears hurt,” came into mind.

This article is not about walking in the rain, but about accomplishing the goals you have set for your home business. If you are persistent, focused and flexible, and have some inspiration along the way, you will accomplish what you want.

Don’t forget to be kind to yourself, not beat yourself up, and reward yourself for finishing your daily goals set for your home business. Keep putting one foot in front of the other until you get where you want to be!

Check this out for your home business

No comments: